Sunday 20 January 2013

More Stitch

I've managed to actually start on the little collection of bits I found on my desk HERE.  This is the little, wooden needle case done in size 15 bead peyote.



This I put on Facebook and not on here, daft eh!! Another notebook cover.  My friend Jan has signed me up to another set of courses so I thought I'd better start taking notes.  This is done with a brown paper bag. It feels quite robust and is layered to fusible wadding and has a finish of acrylic wax but it will be interesting to see how it holds up. (It was terrible to photograph too!  I found the least glare was in the kitchen.)

And I started the Travellers Blanket.  It took me an age to put thread to fabric but now it's under way it's very easy to pick up and put down.  I'm using the basic shape of a butterfly wing for the silk patches.  It's nice and easy for the TV or audiobook.

Thank you to those who have sponsored Elsa and Mike in their triple marathon challenge!  I will keep you all informed as they progress.  Training is going well, even in this weather! 

I hope the snow isn't too disruptive for you (or the heat if you're in Australia!).

Have a good week.


.