Tuesday 9 July 2013

'Moonrise' the Compliment to 'Sunset'

In the heat of yesterday I put the last few stitches in this. 

Moonrise
Just before we went to Ireland John had two days out fishing so as my time was my own I pulled out lots of fabrics to make something.  I wasn't quite sure what, and it certainly didn't start as this.  I knew 'Sunrise' (read about that one here) would have a sister quilt at some point, just not when!

Very different trees and a little metallic paint this time.


Still a balance of machine and hand stitch, a discharged moon, plenty of silvery threads and beads.


I'm quite pleased with it and it sits very well next to Sunrise too. 

This is my Mother's Day orchid from Chris still going strong!  I have a few, and one or two I've managed to have them flower again, but this one has now been in full bloom for four months only dropping about 4 flowers.  So lovely.


And after a thoroughly exhausting few days of sport and sunshine, Ellie demonstrates, in her best catalogue pose, how to look elegant in the heat. 



I hope you're enjoying Summer now it's finally here!! (Unless you're downunder and the reverse applies :-) )

.