Friday 13 June 2014

Phew!!!

Hellooooo!!! I'm back!!! Wow what a month that was.  The Dorset Art Weeks is now over and I think I've just about found my feet again.


There were a few scary moments at the beginning mostly to do with us being new at this sort of thing and not sure of what we were doing or if anyone would turn up!  The chapel was an interesting place to use, lots of seating should you need it and nowhere to hang anything.



It was also very cold and damp, it is over 900 years old after all, but we soon chased that away.  Jan also lives in a church so has hardly any vertical walls but she does have plenty of easels to display paintings on thank goodness.



To start with I think we didn't quite know how to approach things, which is daft as we've both been visitors to these events, where Jan was willing to dive right in and chat to people I held back as I'm really quite shy.  By the last week we were both so good at it you would have thought we'd done it for years!



These photos I took on my phone when I remembered to as we were setting up.  You can see how we put boards across the pews.  We also had three services while we were there but we could leave enough pews uncovered for them to use as there is usually only about 10 people attending.  Except the last Sunday when some others arrived and four extras turned up as they had been to see our exhibition and loved the chapel so much and, as one was a retired vicar, decided to come back.  It was rather crowed then but our vicar Mel was delighted!



There was quiet a lot of tweaking as we went along and, of course, as things sold.  Yes we had quite a few visitors, well over 200, and the visitors books had some really lovely comments in them.



Though the chapel isn't far from home I did miss John, the dogs, the garden and very much missed my studio! In the quiet times having access to that would have been wonderful.  We both did take things to do but it's not the same.



Will I do it again?  Most certainly! And I would do it from home next time too.



A lot of work went into producing enough items to show and I'm glad that the Dorset Art Weeks is every other year.  I'm not sure I could cope with it yearly!



On the last saturday there was a big BBQ at Sculpture by the Lakes, the gorgeous home and garden of Simon and Monique Gudgeon.



Plenty of people to chat too and places to take a stroll.



Views through the garden and statues beautifully placed.



Cedric!! What are you doing there in such illustrious company!!



Yes Cedric was sold and has moved on but not without a last farewell and a meet with his brother in beards Martyn.

There are still bits to put away and commissions to complete and I have a book full of lovely comments to remind me what lovely people we met.  If you were one of those people, thank you for taking the time to come and see us.  I was convinced I wouldn't sell much but the majority of things I was going to put on Esty did go, I made quite a bit for the Combat Stress and Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance charities and I'm over the moon.

Finally a hello to a few new followers on here!!  I'm glad you found me.  Hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly!

Have a great weekend.



.