Friday 17 June 2016

Normal Service Has Been Resumed!

I hope anyway.  

I've dived straight into a couple of projects I have to put under my belt sooner rather than later and been having quite a lot of fun with them! John has been listening to strange mutterings and goings on but I may reveal all at some point in the future!! 



The Art Weeks was a wonderful success and it was so much easier having it from home this time.  Thank you to those who made it, and let yourselves be known!! I also made contact with a couple of other ladies who are into stitch and relatively close to me which is always nice. Everything is now packed away until next time but I will have to pull my finger out and start creating as several of my large pieces went, all the handmade books and bags bar one and I couldn't make the notebook covers fast enough! I know it's not supposed to be about the selling but showing what you do but people do like to buy!! The charities are grateful I'm sure. 

Jan, who I did the Art Weeks with, came around yesterday with a lovely gift for me.  



It's of the DMC Library published 1884 and a real little gem.



There are 16 chapters on everything to do with needlework.  I've crocheted since I was small but now-a-days have hangups about following patterns as they are often American and the stitch types are all wrong.  I spend ages 'translating' the pattern back into English so often give up.  Reading the crochet section in this however could take me down all sorts of paths I didn't even know existed!  Look at those amazing trellises! 



There are even some colour plates.  Applique on damask anyone?  I think I could spend quite a bit of time dipping into this treasure trove.  I love it. 

I'm back in the studio today, weather permitting.  We've been having huge downpours and thunderstorms.  They don't bother me, though I would like to put the sunflowers out without them being beaten flat, it's just the noise on the roof of the studio can be phenomenal!  The lovely amount of light I have more than makes up for it though.  

Have a great weekend!