Wednesday 31 May 2017

End of a Non Month

Well that's May over with, I'm still waiting for it to start to be honest. Being out of it on morphine for the first week or two doesn't really help in the scheme of things.  Everything is mostly back to normal.  I'm now allowed to drive again and I have a blood and other tests today to check liver function etc.  It will be nice to start June on a positive note! 

I have been twiddling about in the studio.  I made some scenery on a long strip of Khadi paper... I did put these up on my Instagram last week HERE


 Added some angular stitch so it was twiggy...


And after a bit of hand stitch it became a little zigzag book inspired by the hedgeline at the back of the house.  


 
 I also layered some tweeds and put them through the embellisher to mush them together and then put on some woven slub silk.

Blank pages in this one. 

It's a bit like a hairy caterpillar. 


The neckpiece is also finished.  It's not the one in my imagination though.  I didn't find this a self making piece at all, in fact I unpicked a good portion of it three times.  I don't think it has earned the name Super Nova, which is what I was living with all this time, but it's done and off my desk. 
I started this just before we went to Devon and I took it with me.  I did manage a few hours sitting at the dining table there stitching but then all hell broke loose with my gallstones and it was well and truly out of the picture. Maybe that's why it wasn't the piece it was supposed to be, I just didn't bond with it. 

In other news Ellie's gum is all healed but boy can she pout!  This was after John gave a piggy ear to the other dogs and she didn't get one. She did have other softer things but they obviously weren't the same! 

Willow has discovered Marmite.  After ten minutes of lip licking and face pulling she decided she likes it.  


And our village chalk stream has been a wonderful place to cool off at the end of the day.  It's a winterbourne so this stretch usually disappears in the summer but at the moment it's still deep enough for Tully to swim and Ruger to be adequately wet.  

Have a good last day of May but I'm welcoming June with open arms!