Monday 26 February 2018

Getting My Head Down

As well as copious nana Naps, all to aid recovery of course, I have actually been in the studio beading! I have to be a little careful of my sitting position though and leaning forward over the desk can be painful after a while but I'm learning! 

This is a nice piece of Ocean Jasper and a little fossil bead into a scarf pin or brooch.

This one, a Fern Agate, I had to bezel bead rather than bead embroider.

Its see through you see and that would be lost with a backing.  The depth is amazing.  Lovely bit of stone.

And this is a drusy in a hand cut Cheetah Agate.  I backed the drusy with gold kid leather.

I'm still collecting Iron Age ideas and making notes.  It's always amazing to think I walk in the steps of villagers of over 2500 years.  I know in the garden we have found Roman glass and nails, wish I could remember where I put them!  Our friend's farm along the valley also featured in a Time team a few years ago.  Simons Time Team Episode is here should you be interested.   I also have found copious oyster shells and we are 20 miles north of Poole Harbour.  I just want to find something Iron Age and I'd be over the moon.  Eyes are always peeled on dog walks! 

I'm now off to sit and bead for a bit more. Have a great week!