Monday 23 April 2018

Now Where Was I...?

After spending some time making samples for Brockenhurst I did put together this little book from a 1968, rather well used map of Dorset.  

It was falling to pieces along the mappish creases and so it naturally wanted to be pages.  I just added a few bits and stitched it together keeping all the lovely worn bits around the edges.  

There was also another couple of bags done for the Art Weeks.


I had a few scraps left over from the bags and, after pulling out my bitsa box, put together some cards in my Fragmental Cartouche style. 


Love making these!  Who needs to through stuff away. 

We had an amazing presentation of Elsa's Masters with Merit last week too.  I'm so proud of this young lady!! She has studied for her Masters at the same time as working full time, having two babies and training and running all over the place! Perhaps she's one of the ones who has found the secret door to another time dimension to fit it all in.  


Brockenhurst Needlework Fiesta went well.  Two days of stitchy, creative people can only be fun really.  Maggie Grey and I before the doors opened.

The Greys Mandala has had a few rows added.  Now at 32 inches.

 I've also started the new CAL this week in colour.  This is Cosmic and is 21 inches across at the moment.  

I'm sure the colours will grow on me as they expand.  I'm just used to dull! I did have to change the greens though as I found them a bit too off my taste.  I've put in much more earthy ones, chosen from some of the colours in one of the Batik yarns used so they do go much better to my mind! 

Finally, this week we have started the prep for the Dorset Art Weeks, 26th May - 10th June.  John has dug out the signage A frames and attached the new roadside posters.  I've been making up arrows and numbers.  


I'm not going to blink or it will be here!!!  

Have a creative week.